Metal Roofing Contractors You Can Count On!
Metal Roofing Installation
in Pittsburgh, Butler & Wexford, PA
If you are looking to install or replace your existing roof, metal roofs make a great alternative choice to some of the other roofing materials on the market. Metal roofs have dramatically evolved from the days where metal was most commonly used for farms. Today, metal roofs come in a tremendous variety of styles and colors that can take on the appearance of wood, clay, tile, or even shingles.
Our team of roofing contractors can handle your metal roofing projects in a timely fashion while also being efficient and affordable!
Benefits of Metal Roofing
- Metal is one of the most energy-efficient options for roofing.
- Metal roofing can reflect solar radiation, helping you save on monthly utility bills.
- Metal roofs have a long life expectancy.
- Metal roofs are sustainable and are an environmentally friendly choice.
- They are made from extremely durable materials which are resistant to extreme temperatures, hail, high winds, and fire.
- Metal roofs come in a variety of styles, colors, and types to match any aesthetic.
- They can increase your property's value.
What to Know Before Installing Your Metal Roof
If you are considering a metal roof, there are some things to review before determining whether it's the right choice for you. Keep the following points in mind before you take the plunge:
- Metal roofs are expensive. When compared to other roofing materials, metal is one of the most costly. However, you will get a great return on your investment; metal roof life expectancies average out at 40 to 70 years - by contrast, a typical asphalt roof typically lasts 12-20 years. You can count on a metal roof to withstand high winds and resist corrosion. Metal roofs are also energy-efficient, allowing you to recoup even more of the cost of installation in monthly utility savings.
- Your metal roof will be a more sustainable alternative to asphalt. It will consist of at least 25% recycled materials and be 100% recyclable itself! If you are considering other eco-friendly options, like solar panels or systems for harvesting rainwater, a metal roof will provide the strength and durability you need to install your system.
- When choosing your metal roof, make sure to choose a durable metal for added strength; softer metals, such as aluminum and copper, run a higher risk of denting after a hailstorm or heavy snow. Here in the Pittsburgh area, we are likely to see those conditions!
- Keep in mind that you will likely want to install extra layers of insulation or sheathing underneath your metal roof to muffle noise. Metal roofing can be noisy during a heavy rain or thunderstorm; if this is likely to bother you, discuss your concerns with one of our professionals.
- You have even more style choices with a metal roof than you would with an asphalt one! Today's metal roofs come in a remarkable selection of colors, finishes, metal types, and even shapes. Whether your style is traditional or modern, you can find an option that works for you.
If you would like to learn more about our metal roofing options, please reach out to us today!